At CIT we understand the need for children to feel secure and better informed about their role as Third Culture Kids (TCK). Unspoken questions and concerns about their future life find creative outlet and gentle reassurance as our TCK programs enable them to explore and express their feelings. Each course is age-appropriate and includes Bible study, Bible memory, culturally relevant books, DVDs, games, crafts from other cultures, art, music, food, and plenty of discussion about what life will be like as a TCK. The rich cultural variety of our TCK staff allows students to explore differences in a positive light. Elementary, middle, and high school class teachers have had significant cross-cultural experience. All of our childcare staff are CPR certified, have completed child protection training, and have passed criminal background checks.
Children 0-2 will enjoy being cared for by qualified and compassionate teachers, bright and clean facilities and toys, and comfortable crib rooms for napping.
- Equipping for Cross-Cultural Life & Ministry (4weeks):
- Second Language Acquisition: (2 weeks):
- Debrief Retreat (1 week):
Preschool Pre-KIT (Kids Intercultural Training)
- Exploring Cultures (4 weeks) Younger children will learn to explore Bible stories and appreciate different cultures in an exciting and stimulating environment.
- Sounds of Language (2 weeks) Younger children will hear differences in language sounds and practice learning new sounds and words in creative and age-appropriate ways.
- Debrief Retreat Pre-KIT (1 week) Younger children share their stories and unpack their cross-cultural experiences in a positive and nurturing setting.
KIT (Kids Intercultural Training)
- Exploring Cultures (4 weeks) Elementary ages will study their own culture and explore new cultures to develop a frame work for differences they may encounter in their cross-cultural adventures. Age-appropriate classroom and activities combined with new friendships with other Third Culture Kids (TCKs) make for an unforgettable learning environment.
- Sounds of Language (2 weeks) Elementary ages will enjoy exposure to new sounds and words as they develop strategies for effective language learning. Through games, songs, memorization, stories, and experiences, students will build confidence and excitement for their future language learning.
- Debrief Retreat KIT (1 week) Elementary ages will join other TCKs in sharing their stories of transition and loss, new adventures, and challenges. Students will be encouraged through focused Bible time, arts and crafts, and an interactive field trip to trust God as they look to the uncertainties of the future with hope.
YIT (Youth Intercultural Training)
- Equipping for Teens (4 weeks) Older youth and teens will study cultures and issues of transition in a stimulating and conversation-oriented classroom setting. Interactive Bible studies and group analysis will allow students to explore and learn while building trust in God.
- Second Language Acquisition for Teens (SLAT) (2 weeks) Older youth and teens will learn and apply skills of language learning including phonetics drills and working with a native speaker of another language.
- Debrief Retreat YIT (1 week) Older youth and teens will join other TCKs in sharing their stories of transition and loss, new adventures, and challenges. Students will be encouraged through reflective Bible study and an interactive field trip to trust God as they look to the uncertainties of the future with hope.